Please find the full report detailing Sue and Jamie’s visit to Rwanda for the APCA conference, and Ethiopia to catch up with the HE team here.
You can view the annual report for 2018 by clicking the below link:
View the report from the November 2018 visit to Hospice Ethiopia
Click on the link below to read a copy of Ephrem Abathun’s annual report:
You can view the annual report for 2017 by clicking the below link:
We’ve just had the quarterly report (for October-December 2017) from Hospice Ethiopia director, Ephrem. We were thrilled to read that following a visit to HE towards the end of last year, Ethiopiaid (based in Bath, UK) has given them £28,600! More about Ethiopiaid can be found on their website: http://ethiopiaid.org.uk/
Ephrem has been awarded a bursary and confirmed that he will come to the UK (visa permitting) for a leadership management course at the St Christopher’s Hospice from 15th-19th October. We are also hoping to arrange a clinical placement at Priscilla Bacon Lodge, Norwich for the week preceding the course Oct 6th-14th.
This report details the clinical visits made, meetings held, and teaching carried out during the visit to Addis Ababa. These were conducted on behalf of Hospice Ethiopia UK (HE UK), a UK registered charity.
The visit was planned and carried out by Sue Mumford (SM; Community Specialist Palliative Care Nurse and Chair of Hospice Ethiopia UK) and Dr James Mumford (JM; General Practitioner and & Trustee of HE UK) who funded themselves. The overall aims of the trip were accomplished.
Aims of visit
- To provide ongoing support to Hospice Ethiopia (HE).
- To provide supplies of equipment difficult to source in Ethiopia e.g. colostomy bags, urinary catheters, some medications etc.
- To review the last quarter’s report (July-September 2017).
- To review and understand the budget plan for 2017.
- To speak with Nurse Yohanna who we met in March 2017 and has started work at Hospice Ethiopia since our last visit.
- To join in Home Care visits.
- To see Outpatient and Day Care in action.
- To teach a 3 morning palliative care course to Nurses working at Strong Hearts Ethiopia and Cancer Care Ethiopia.
- To meet with Health Care Professionals with an interest in palliative care (PC).
This report details the clinical visits made, meetings held, and teaching carried out during a three week visit to Addis Ababa in March & April 2017. These were conducted on behalf of Hospice Ethiopia UK (the newly registered UK charity formerly known as the Norwich group supporting Hospice Ethiopia) and the International Consortium.
The visit was planned and carried out by Sue Mumford (SM; Community Specialist Palliative Care Nurse and Chair of Hospice Ethiopia UK) and Dr James Mumford (JM; General Practitioner, UK) who funded themselves. The overall aims of the trip were accomplished although some plans had to be deferred to a later visit, for example teaching nurses at Cancer Care Ethiopia, and visiting a Palliative Care hub. However in addition to activities planned JM and SM were delighted to attend Hospice Ethiopia’s General Assembly meeting